so, i think its time for an update.
news years eve was soooooooo fun!
i headed out to laguna beach with a buddy of mine from SJSU who lives down there.
check out some of the pics:
just a good shot i got just before sun went down.
haha ana
rhian showing some peace
nights end with an awesome view at night! thank God for these views!
it was pretty off the hook there.
for any of you who like checking out new music. Listen to Strata, they are amazing. I never really got into them but I am now really starting to appreciate their stuff.
STRATA's Main Webpage
STRATA's Myspace
Here is one of their songs i really like.
"Night Falls (The Weight Of It)"
The room fills up with water and the roar of the crowd died down, they didn't hold their
breath, they just waited to drown.
Now I'm just the ghost in the corner that nobody knows. I'm just the chill in the air that
comes and cuts you to the bone.
I've never seen it shine so bright here before.
I stumble blind into the light of it all.
The walls of this city are all cold metal and stone, but we're nothing permanent we're just
soft skin and bones.
I'm just the pins and needles attacking your toes.
I'm just a mesage you saved in your phone a long, long time ago where I'm singing how I've
never seen it shine so bright before.
I stumbled blind into the light, the light of it all.
You've never seen it shine, so hard before-
You'd crumble underneath the weight, the weight of it all.
I'm always with you.
I never left you alone.
That song hits me in a different way than other people i think. It starts out negative and lonely but then at the end the light is revealed and it shines soooo bright that you are just in awe of it all. I feel this is how it will be when we see God and his light. It will be so majestic. And as the last two lines of the song say.
im always with you
i never left you alone
i never left you alone
that is comforting to know in the spiritual sense... :) (Hebrews 13:8) check it!
i am sooooooooo waiting for a revelation and change in music. specifically, the christian genre. churches need to get past the whole contemporary scene and open their horizons to the other great/unique/individual music that exists. it may not fall under christian music. but who cares. its the motive and heart that counts in music. not the crowd your selling out too... im just so frusterated some times with our American way of selling out to people musically. this even goes on in churches around the USA. its ridiculous. again, my opinion.
anyway. im hitting the hay.
peace.
i am sooooooooo waiting for a revelation and change in music. specifically, the christian genre. churches need to get past the whole contemporary scene and open their horizons to the other great/unique/individual music that exists. it may not fall under christian music. but who cares. its the motive and heart that counts in music. not the crowd your selling out too... im just so frusterated some times with our American way of selling out to people musically. this even goes on in churches around the USA. its ridiculous. again, my opinion.
anyway. im hitting the hay.
peace.
1 comments:
Cool. Looks like you had fun. Have a good 2008 and rest of your break.
Post a Comment