Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Let it snow... Let it snow... Let it snow!

So here I am chillin on the hotel bed writing this blog.

First I wanna start with some fun stuff. Meaning pics from today and last night.

So here is where we are staying.





Same place as every year. Comfort suites:












Some ping pong action going on














Sick view on the way to Snowbasin























The guys stoked for the Pow!






















Me thru chris margono's reflection.

















Mark the Gah!


















View up the lift

















Awesome view at the top of snowbasin.











So there is a just a lil' preview.

What I wanted to talk about on a serious note is just about repetitiveness and stagnancy.
So I am here at the winter retreat in Utah and I have gone to this for the past 2 years. Honestly, there is some stuff about it that seems so repetitive, and its doesnt involve the food, snow, or anything outdoor. It involves stuff with the church, I just have a little problem with things being so repetitive in the church and the way we do stuff here at this church. I dont see any growing. The only growing I see is new people learning about Christ but not teaching about reaching out or just being part of OTHER different groups with fellow Christians. The stagnancy in the church at this stage is what has been turning me off to alot of churches. I need a church that is active in the community. Meaning, doing things and having their fellowship in public or around other non-Christians. We shouldn't isolate ourselves and sometimes in the ministry I came with, I feel we are just that. I see people so comfortable with themselves and where they are at. But is this really what Jesus would do? Or would teach his disciples to go be amongst the public. You tell me?

Just a little thought that keeps recurring in my head and I feel to be too heavy in one aspect of Jesus' teaching (Fellowship) is to deny the other (Being amongst the world but not of it).

Write what you may. And comment what you may please.

Any way, Utah is sick... Awesome snow. Thank the Man above.

Out...


PS I will be starting a new blog on WORDPRESS.com and LEAVING this one soon.
Look out for it!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey. Glad you're having a good time up there. Looks like heaven up there with the snow. hehe.

On the church note, I see what you're talking about. My group (CCM) does do that kind of thing, kinda. They do events that deal with different religions and they do stuff that involves people on campus, even if they're non-catholic. It's a good group. I'm sure things will change.

Take care and see ya in a few weeks! Let me know when you're up at SJ. I'll be back next week.